Available to purchase
STR SeaGamma Flooded Member Detection (FMD) System
The STR SeaGamma FMD system has been designed as a modern inspection tool to reliably determine if a subsea structure with normally sealed watertight members has sustained water ingress as a result of corrosion, weld failure or damage.
The system is based on the use of low level collimated Gamma radiation enabling reliable operation without the need to clean away marine growth build-up from the members prior to survey, meaning the results are fast and reliable.
Two system types are available:
- SeaGamma Standard System – designed to work from small inspection and light work class Remotely Operated Vehicles, capable of covering member sizes up to
2 metres in diameter.
- SeaGamma Ultra System – designed for deployment from Work Class ROVs,
capable of covering member sizes up to 3 metres in diameter.
- Mechanically robust detector and source arms
- Adjustable frame with rotator option
- Advanced acquisition and reporting software
- Continuous sampling and fast results
- Marine growth removal unnecessary
- Custom designed Tungsten collimator for improved safety
- High sensitivity detector capable of greater than 1 million counts per second